Hello! Welcome to my blog! Thanks for your visit and have a nice day!!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Celebrity Worship Syndrome

What is Celebrity Worship Syndrom?
Celebrity Worship Syndrome is an obsessive-addictive disorder in which a person becomes overly involved with the details of a celebrity's personal life

Further Info:
Psychologists have indicated that though many people obsess over glamorous film, television, sport and pop stars, others have unlikely icons such as politicians or authors. The only common factor between them is that they are all figures in the public eye (i.e., celebrities). The term Celebrity Worship Syndrome is in fact a misnomer.

Types of Celebrity Worship Syndrome (CWS)

1)Entertainment-social
This dimension comprises attitudes that fans are attracted to a favorite celebrity because of their perceived ability to entertain and become a social focus such as “I love to talk with others who admire my favorite celebrity” and “I like watching and hearing about my favorite celebrity when I am with a large group of people”.

2)Intense-personal
The intense-personal aspect of celebrity worship reflects intensive and compulsive feelings about the celebrity, akin to the obsessional tendencies of fans often referred to in the literature; for example “I share with my favorite celebrity a special bond that cannot be described in words” and “When something bad happens to my favorite celebrity I feel like it happened to me’”.

3)Borderline-pathological
This dimension is typified by uncontrollable behaviors and fantasies regarding scenarios involving their celebrities, such as “I have frequent thoughts about my favorite celebrity, even when I don’t want to” and “my favorite celebrity would immediately come to my rescue if I needed help”.

credits: wikipedia

After reading all these, are you one of the victims of CWS?

If you are one of them, what type CWS are you?

I'm in Intense-Personal type. I can't stop thinking about Teppei and whatever happens on hims is just like happening on me. I do concern about his health when swine flu disease is getting serious. I do concern about him whether he catches a cold when he is working in the cold environment and so on. I do concern about him if he get bullied by other people. I know I have thought many things to scare myself but yeah, someone told me that I should have faith on him as he is able to take care of himself.

Hehe, guess I'm crossing the borderline. I shouldn't act like that way but it's really hard to control because it's mentioned in above that Teppei and I are sharing a special bond~

OMG, Te-chan <3333

No comments: